This blog is intended to provide nutrition and wellness information for entertainment and informational purposes only.
In reading the blog, you understand and agree that reading the blog does not constitute a client-provider relationship. You also understand and agree that the author is not providing medical advice or direction. If medical advice or nutritional assistance is required, please consult a doctor or registered dietitian.
This website and this blog are for informational and educational purposes only. The content on this website is not a substitute for individual medical or mental health advice.
On the Site, we provide information about food (including recipes and nutrition tips) as well as some fitness information.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT:
· This Site collects the personal information you voluntarily provide to us, which includes your name and e-mail address, in order to subscribe to our newsletter or comment on our blog. If you opt-in to receive our newsletter, the option to unsubscribe will be included in every e-mail.
· If you purchase a product, your payment information will be processed by a trusted third party vendor We do not store this payment information on our site or in our files.
· This site may also collect aggregate demographic information through Google Analytics, such as gender, age, and preferences/interests. This analytical data is not personally identified to you in any way. We use this information to provide you with relevant content and we use aggregated data from Google Analytics to provide demographic info on our site (percentage of male vs female readers; top geographic locations) for sponsored content opportunities.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER:
· We may use the information to advertise products or services, or to keep you up to date on recent posts, via our email list.
· We may use the information to improve our products and services, or gather ideas for content.
· We may record information relating to your use of the Site in order to help administer the Site and personalize your experience by improving customer service.
· We may use aggregate demographic information to share with third parties for sponsored content opportunities.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Additionally, we may send cookies to your computer in order to identify your improve our service. These are small data files that are stored on your browser, and are used by many categories of websites (including ours).
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
At any point, you may decline the cookies in your Internet browser settings. However, doing so may prevent use of some of the Site.
EMBEDDED CONTENT FROM OTHER WEBSITES:
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We do not sell your information to third parties.
We do use third parties to assist with some of the functions in this site, and as such your data may be shared with those and/or cookies may be used with those. These currently include the following:
· Google Analytics – We use google analytics to provide us with information about site volume, site navigation, user sessions, and demographic data. We may also use Google Analytics to track clicks to a particular link within a page.
· Mailchimp – We use Mailchimp to store email addresses and send out a biweekly email newsletter.
· Square – We use this as a payment processor on our site for certain products.
This list may be updated from time to time Website’s sole discretion.
We sometimes use Bitly to create specific trackable links. In this case, the only data we have access to is the number of times a link was clicked.
HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR DATA:
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
If you submit an email address to sign up for our email newsletter, this will also be retained indefinitely, or until either you unsubscribe or we decide to discontinue our email newsletter.
Aggregate analytics data is kept for 50 months. Customer purchase records are kept for 10 years.
SECURITY & DATA BREACHES:
We do our best to protect your information for any unauthorized access, misuse, or disclosure. In the event we discover a data breach, we will notify you within 72 hours.
However, you acknowledge that the personal information you voluntarily share could be accessed or tampered with by a third party. You agree that we are not responsible for any intercepted information shared through our Site without our knowledge or permission. Additionally, you release us from any and all claims arising out of or related to the use of such intercepted information in any unauthorized manner.
CHILDREN – ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT COMPLIANCE
If a parent or guardian believes that the Website has personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 16 in its database, please contact us immediately so that we may remove such data.
YOUR RIGHTS RELATED TO THIS INFORMATION
At any time, you have the right to the following:
· Opt-out – You may opt-out of email communications from us by using the unsubscribe button at the bottom of our email list, or by emailing a request to email@example.com.
· Understand Your Data – You can email us anytime to better understand the data that we have on file about you. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
· Delete/Forget Your Data – You can request that we erase your personal data. (Please note that there may be legal situations, bookkeeping requirements, or requirements to complete a transaction that require retaining the data for a certain period of time.)
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
If at any point you have any questions related to this privacy, please email email@example.com
My name is Shena and I am a registered dietitian nutritionist. I strive to ensure all content in this blog correlate to the latest evidence based research. All content incorporates my own thoughts, ideas, and opinions related to nutrition and wellbeing.